EXPLORING THE WORLD OF HOMESCHOOLING

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Look at What My Hubby Did!

Allow me a moment to crow. My fabulous husband has published a book - a real live hardcover book with this sexy, glossy cover. Rocketeers: How a Visionary Band of Business Leaders, Engineers, and Pilots Is Boldly Privatizing Space (Smithsonian Books/Harper Collins) made its debut in bookstores nationwide today. We celebrated with homemade vegan chocolate cupcakes after Michael completed his NINTH radio interview of the morning. The media is really digging this book! Check out the stellar review in this past weekend's Wall Street Journal.

Is that cover some kind of sci-fi fantasy, or what? It should serve as a bit of proof that if we homeschool Amelie she will at least have some science exposure from her artsy Woodstock parents. Maybe she'll be the first kid in town to ride a rocket-powered tricycle. Look out, world!



4 comments:

K said...

Hey WOW, not simply published, I'd like to note, but published by Smithsonian! Big Time Congratulations. That is so cool! Totally. : )

Wendy Kagan said...

Thanks, Katherine! We are all very excited around here.

Anonymous said...

Utterly cool. And I say that as the wife of a satellite systems engineer who moonlights as a heavy metal bass player.

Around here, if my husband complains about his day job, we simply can't say to him: "Oh, come on! It's not like it's rocket science you're doing all day!"

Because, it kinda IS.

I think I'll buy a copy of that book this weekend for RegularDad. Congrats again! :)

Wendy Kagan said...

Satellite systems engineer - wow! That's amazing. And heavy metal moonlighting. You've got yourself a Renaissance man over there.

I don't consider myself a heavy-metal person but I have a total soft spot for AC/DC. Back in Black. SO good.

I hope your hub likes the book!