EXPLORING THE WORLD OF HOMESCHOOLING

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Life of a Blog

Thanks to Fourmother for tagging me with the latest meme and inspiring a post today. For this meme I'm asked to choose 5 posts that show "The Evolution of My Blog." Why not?

Playing Hooky is still very young, barely out of diapers as far as blogs go. And I'm not nearly up to speed with my posting yet (though I strive to pick up the pace). But here goes.

1. When I launched this blog with my first post, Busting the Stereotypes, I hadn't yet decided whether or not I wanted to homeschool my daughter. (This photo of Amelie is one of my faves.)

2. Not long after, I wrote about making in-roads into the homeschooling culture in Finding Community. What a relief it was to connect with like-minded people who were really doing the homeschooling thing! Homeschooling was starting to sound not just doable but exciting to me.

3. I often agonize about decisions. But it didn't take me long to decide that homeschooling would really work for our family. School was starting to look less and less appealing as a choice for Amelie, while I could imagine our daughter really thriving under the loving guidance of her natural teachers: her parents. I announced my decision to homeschool in How Can We Not?

4. Big commitments often stir up the darker waters of Doubt. Although I was sure of my decision, I needed to write this post as a way of venting a few reservations I still had about homeschooling.

5. In A Freelance Student I embrace the homeschooling lifestyle as a perfect fit for an unconventional (and, I'd like to believe, free-spirited) family like mine.

And now I ask five bloggers to share the evolution of their blogs:
A Happy Childhood Lasts Forever
Freakmom's Space
Into the Studio
Have Fun * Do Good
Dispatches from the Final Frontier


2 comments:

Fourmother said...

This is a great set of posts. I like the way each one documents a step on your journey toward homeschooling.

Wendy Kagan said...

Thanks, Fourmother!