EXPLORING THE WORLD OF HOMESCHOOLING

Saturday, September 1, 2007

8 Random Facts Meme

My friend Britt from Have Fun * Do Good has tagged me for a meme called 8 Random Facts about Me. Thanks, Britt, for getting me off my lazy blogging ass to finally post again. (The truth is, I was not lazy but drowning in freelance work. Thank god for a holiday weekend.) Anyway, as part of the deal, I'm supposed to inspire posts for eight more bloggers. See if you're one of them at the end of this post.

The Rules:
  1. Post these rules before you give your facts
  2. List 8 random facts about yourself
  3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
  4. Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged
The Facts:

1. My first job after college was an internship (read: slave labor) at The Paris Review literary magazine. The office was located in the Manhattan home of editor-in-chief George Plimpton. On my first day I walked in on him in his boxer shorts.

2. I have been to the Greek Islands five times. You might say I'm a little obsessed with a tiny, obscure Cycladic isle called Iraklia. It has a year-round population of 80 and one baker, who delivers his bread in a white pickup truck. It's damn good bread.

3. I love nothing better than a cup of tea and a 19th-century novel. Preferably Austen or Tolstoy.

5. I once posed nude for a famous photographer. I regretted this almost immediately. Thankfully I did not sign a release, so unless someone wants to get sued upside down and sideways, no one will ever see the photographs!

6. It gets zanier than that. I was not just nude...I was doing yoga in the nude with two other women.

7. Might as well add here that when I am not a freelance writer/editor and when I am not a mother and when I am not blogging about homeschooling, I am a yoga teacher at Bliss Yoga Center in Woodstock.

8. What I really want to do is throw it all away and become an artist. I love fooling around with an alternative photography technique called the Polaroid transfer process. The image at top is one of my creations, hand-colored with Prismacolor pencils.

I'm tagging the following blogs:

Dispatches from the Final Frontier
Our Report Card
Like I Have Time for This?
HeartSchooling
Discovertopia
ODonnellWeb
Land of Our Fourmother
Not a Stepford Wife

6 comments:

COD said...

Your tag is a little late ;)
http://www.odonnellweb.com/?p=3539

Robinella said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've read a little of yours - kids won't allow anymore right now! So I'll be back later.

RegularMom tagged me with a little while ago. Here's the link:
http://notastepfordwife.blogspot.com/2007/05/random-meme-tag_25.html

~R

Fourmother said...

Your work is gorgeous! I was tagged for a 7 random things meme recently. Does that count? Here's the link:
http://fourmother.blogspot.com/2007/05/7-random-things-about-me.html

Tara W. said...

Haha, thanks for the tag! As soon as I have the chance to assimilate something narcissistic (shouldn't be that hard LOL) I will let you know! ~ Tara

Wendy Kagan said...

So it seems most of you have done this one before! I enjoyed reading your meme posts and learning some more about you. And I see that I accidentally gave only 7 facts about myself instead of 8. So there's a subject for my next post, hopefully later today.... (And yes, Tara, it does feel a bit narcissistic, doesn't it? But fun.) Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Tara W. said...

Okay I finally finished it AND posted it!

http://heartschooling.blogspot.com/2007/09/8-things-about-meme.html

~ Tara